Hotel-Dieu de FranceAshrafieh, Beirut, Lebanon
Medical Graduate and Dermatology Graduate from Saint-Joseph University, Beirut.
General training in the Dermatology Department of Hotel-Dieu de France Hospital.
Dr. Halabi-Tawil is a professional dermatologist in Lebanon , currently working as a full-time Hospital Practitioner at Hotel-Dieu de France and Senior Lecturer (MCU-PH) at the St Joseph University school of Medicine.
She is a laureate of the French Board in Dermatology and Venereology since October 2009.
She specialized in Dermatology in Paris, France, where she obtained both a Dermatology and Venereology Specialization Diploma / Attestation de Formation specialisee/ AFS and an Advanced Dermatology and Venereology Specialization Diploma / Attestation de Formation Specialisee Approfondie / AFSA from University Pierre et Marie Curie.
She Her training was done in the most renown French Dermatology departments in Paris, both in adult dermatology (Hospital Saint Louis, Hopital Tenon, Hopital la Pitie- Salpetriere, Hopital Lariboisiere), and in pediatric dermatology (Hopital Necker-Enfants Malades).
She has worked initially as a Chief Resident, then as a full-time practitioner in the Dermatology Department of the prestigious Saint-Louis Hospital, Paris, where she dealt daily with oncodermatological cases, inflammatory and auto-immune diseases.
She was also one of the practitioners in charge of the dermatological emergencies, as well as the genodermatosis consultations in St-Louis Hospital.
She was also the referent dermatologist of Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris.
She has a diploma in Dermoscopy from the International Dermoscopy Society.
She also obtained a Masters in Science Degree Mater2/DEA from the University Pierre and Marie Curie, Paris.
She has a Universitary Diploma (DU) degree in the art of cosmetic injections in Dermatology and Plastic Surgery from the Faculties of Medecine of Paris V and XII.
For more info check her full profile here.
- Nilotinib-induced keratosis pilaris associated with alopeci areata and eyebrow thinning. Tawil MH, El Khoury R, Tomb R, Ghosn M. Int J Trichology. 2017 Apr-jun.
- Chronic Mercury Intoxication Masquerading as Systemic Disease: A Case Report and Review of the Literature, European Journal of Case Reports in Internal Medicine (EJCRIM), Malek A, Aouad K, El Khoury R, Halabi-Tawil M, Shoucair J, 2017;4 doi: 10.12890/2017_000623.
- Halabi-Tawil M, Kechichian E, Tomb R. An unusual complication of minor surgeries: Contact dermatitis to injected lidocaine. Contact Dermatitis. 2016 Oct; 75(4):253-5.
- Fahmy J, Halabi-Tawil M, Ram-Wolff C, Bagot M, Petit A. Paraneoplastic acanthosis nigricans : the first reported case associated with a Sézary syndrome. Br J Dermatol. 2016 Jan; 174(1):233-4.
- Fahmy J, Halabi-Tawil M, Bagot M, Tournant B, Petit A. Erythème noueux au cours d’une mastite granulomateuse idiopathique. Ann Dermatol Venereol. 2015 Jan;142(1):46-9.
- Ram-Wolff C., Halabi-Tawil M., Vignon-Pennamen M-D, Bagot M., Petit A. Adénite sébacée neutrophilique chez une femme. Ann Dermatol Venereol. 2013 Nov;140(11):708-12
- Alakeel Abdullah, Halabi-Tawil Maya, Besseige Henri, Crickx Béatrice, Descamps Vincent. Biker’s Nodule: A Perineal Nodular Induration of the Cyclist. Advances in Sexual Medicine. 2012; 2: 1-2
- Jallouli M, Leroux G, Halabi-Tawil M, Morel N, Francès C, Piette JC, Amoura Z, Costedoat-Chalumeau N.Skin pigmentation in a patient with systemic lupus erythematosus. Rev Med Interne.2010;31(8):566-7.
- Maya Halabi-Tawil, Frank M. Ruemmele, Sylvie Fraitag, Rieux-Laucat Frédéric, Neven Bénédicte, Nicole Brousse, Yves De Prost, Alain Fischer, Olivier Goulet, Christine Bodemer. Cutaneous Manifestations of Immune Dysregulation, Polyendocrinopathy, Enteropathy, X-linked (IPEX) Syndrome. British Journal of Dermatology. 2009;160(3):645-51.
- Maya Halabi-Tawil, François Lionnet, Robert Girot, Pierre P Lévy, Sélim Aractingi. Sickle cell leg ulcers: a frequently disabling complication and a marker of severity. British Journal of Dermatology. 2008;158 :339-44.
- Maya Halabi-Tawil. Complications cutanées de la drépanocytose. Réalités thérapeutiques en Dermato-Vénérologie. 2008;179(1): 60-64